The IHE European Connectathon 2015 was hosted from April 20th until April 24th by the Luxexpo congress and exhibition centre in Luxembourg City. Carestream registered and participated with the Vue PACS and a set of new capabilities and features, which have been included in the new 12.1 release, were tested and validated. A number of tests were required to be successfully run and validated for each actor/profile combination to prove compliance with the IHE Technical Framework. The total number of passed tests was 104 in the end!
Highlights of Carestream participation in the European Connectathon:
(Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing). For the first time the full set of XDS.b actors were validated, including Document Repository, Document Registry, Document Source and Document Consumer. The Imaging Document Consumer for the content specific XDS-I.b profile was tested too.
- XDR (Cross-Enterprise Document Reliable Interchange). This profile allows direct document interchange between EHRs, PHRs and other healthcare systems in the absence of a XDS sharing infrastructure. Both the Image Source and the Image Recipient actors were validated.
- PDQV3 (Patient Demographics Query HL7 V3). Acting as a Patient Demographics Consumer, from Vue Explorer it's now possible to query a patient demographics server for a list of patients, based on filters, and retrieve demographic information into the application. This profile makes use of HL7 Version 3 and SOAP-based web services.
- IOCM (Imaging Object Change Management). Supporting this profile the archive can receive and process notifications as an Image Manager / Image Archive about changes to imaging objects performed on other systems that manage copies of the same objects. The supported changes include the object rejection due to poor quality or patient safety reasons, the correction of wrong selection of modality worklist entries, the expiration of objects due to data retention policies.
- KIN (Key Image Notes). In addition to the Image Manager / Image Archive capabilities, the Image Display and Evidence Creator actors are now supported. Viewers are now able to render key images created as DICOM standard KO objects by other vendors, as well as save key images in the same format. As a result, it's now possible to exchange key objects with third-party systems in a standard way.
- ED (Evidence Documents). Image Display actor has been tested and validated and as result Structured Reports created by other systems like Mammography CAD Structured Reports can be load by the system.
The complete and official results of the IHE European Connectathon 2015 can be found at